Gus’s fried chicken Austin is known for its spicy and flavorful fried chicken. Indulge in this recipe that captures the essence of Gus’s fried chicken menu. The tantalizing aroma and mouthwatering flavors will bring joy to your dining experience.
Level: Moderately Difficult
Total Time: 2 Hours to 12 Hours
Active Time: 15 Mins
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Resting Time: 2 hours to Overnight
Yield: 8 Servings
|Nutritional Analysis||Per Serving|
|Serving Size||1 of 8 servings|
|Total Fat||30 Gms|
|Saturated Fat||10 Gms|
Ingredients needed for gus’s fried chicken
- 3 ½ lbs Pound Chicken – Cut into 8 parts
- 1 Quarter Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tsp Salt (or as required)
- Peanut Oil for frying
Directions for making gus’s fried chicken
- Craving for Gus’s fried chicken? Instead of thinking “Is there a Gus’s fried chicken near me” make them on your own in the comfort of your home. Let’s begin by cutting the 3½ pound chicken into eight equal parts.
- Take a nonreactive pan like stainless steel and pour buttermilk into it. The nonreactive pan helps in retaining the flavors of the buttermilk and does not let it turn acidic. Now is the time to add the cut chicken pieces to the buttermilk.
- To extract the best of the flavors ensure that the chicken is completely coated with buttermilk and marinate it for a minimum of two hours or leave it overnight. Leaving it overnight definitely enhances the flavors to another level, but if you are in a hurry two hours works too!
- Take another bowl and add the flour, salt, cayenne pepper, crushed black pepper and paprika to it. Mix these dry ingredients thoroughly. This spice mix has to be coated to the buttermilk marinated chicken well on all sides.
- Before applying the spice mix to the chicken, ensure that the excess buttermilk is drained off the chicken. Holding it for a minute or two will ensure that all the excess liquids drains off.
- Next step is to switch on the gas and heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan or in a deep fryer. The oil temperature should reach 350 degrees F. Ensure that the oil is heated to the right temperature; if not the chicken would not be fried well.
- Next comes the exciting part—frying the chicken! Carefully add a few pieces at a time to the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan. Fry around 3 pieces of chicken at a time. Don’t overcrowd the deep fryer or the pan. Each round of frying would take approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
- If you are a first timer making this recipe then fret not! With the help of a thermometer make sure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F. This guarantees that your Gus’s fried chicken is well cooked.
- Now,to drain away all the excess oil, place the fried chicken on a wire rack lined with paper towels. Thai step will make you feel less guilty of eating deep fried stuff
Now, it’s time to serve and savor. Enjoy the hot, crispy fried chicken alongside some coleslaw or creamy mashed potatoes. Now, do you think there is a need to search for Gus’s fried chicken location when you can recreate the magic right in the comfort of your own home!
Click Here For More Recipes : http://delish.com